After everything is set, so we are now ready to apply our eyeshadows for more impact to our look. This articles is taken from www.free-makeup-tips.com. So this is on How to Apply Eye shadow, Easy steps for Applying Eyeshadows and Application Tips
Eyeshadows are certainly eye catching on the entire face. It is like fun to experiment with eye shadows, eye liners, pencils, paints,and powders but most women just want to know what is right for them. Always choose neutral colours for eyeshadow to subtly enhance your looks, or play with kaleidoscope of different shades to contrast with and dramatize your colouring. For those wishing to make their eyes the focal point of attention, eye shadows, eyebrow gels, eyeliners in the right style can do the trick. Follow below given steps on how to apply eye shadow.
How to Apply Eyeshadow
1. The first rule when applying eye shadow is to blend it well so there are no harsh edges. Put the very light shade (high lighter) on the space beneath the brows up to the crease of the eye lid.
2. Apply the medium shade on the upper eyelid only. Use a lighter shade under the browbone to highlight the eyes.
3. And the darkest shade on the crease of the eyelid that is the place almost in the middle of the total eye area-above the lashes and beneath the brows. Blend both the colors well.
4. With the tip of a fine brush, apply a little shadow beneath the eyes, along the lower lash line. Smudge it lightly to give your eyes a subtle, glamorous look.
Applying Eyeshadow Tip submitted by Pav
Purple eyeshadows tend to look stunning on brown eyes as does green on hazel eyes, gold on green eyes, and for blue eyes use a blue eyeshadow in a lighter shade than your eye colour.
Eye Shadow Kit and Colour Choice
Your eye shadow kit may contain 3 shadows-a very light shade (vanilla, very pale pink, beige, silver grey etc) which is the high lighter and which gives a light shimmer on the brow bone and highlights it. The box has two more shades of the same color. Light base shadows in pale pink, yellow, cream or beige look good on small eyes; spread over the entire lid with a touch of dark shadow in the outer corners, these accent the eyes.
Apart from colour, there is a choice of forms of the eye shadows. You can choose from pressed powders, pencils, sticks, gels, crayons and creams. Pressed powders are still the most popular form of shadows, because they are the easiest to apply and control. These are available in pearly and matt textures. The effect is not long lasting, but if you apply them with a wet brush, you can get a deeper effect and increase the staying qualities of the colour.
Powder and Cream Eyeshadows
Powder Eyeshadow: This is the most popular type. These come in pressed cakes of powder either with a small brush or a sponge applicator. You can build up their density from barely there to dramatic. Apply using a damp brush or sponge if you want a deep colour for an evening look.
Cream Shadows: These are oil based and come in little pots or compacts. They are applied either with a brush or your fingertips. They are a good choice for dry skins that need extra moisturizing.
Stick Shadows and Liquid Eye Shadow: Wax based, you smooth these onto your eyelids from the stick. Ensure they have a creamy texture before you buy them, so they would not drag at your skin. Usually Liquid eyeshadow come in a slim bottle with a sponge applicator. Look for the cream-to-powder ones that smooth on as a liquid and blend to a velvety powder finish.
- Eye shadow colors matched with skin tone, eye color and hair color is what makeup experts recommend and neutral looks good on everyone.
- The first step towards applying any eye makeup is to pat some powder onto the eyelids to matte them and keep the powder eye shadow from creasing. If using cream eye shadow, this can be skipped as creams will clump and clog with the dry powder.
- Eye shadows need to coordinate with eyes and hair, not than clothes. Browns, lavenders are best for blue-eyed, blonde haired women as well as light brown eyed-ladies. Smoky grays, bronzed pinks and silver toned peaches look good on women with green or black eyes.
Eyeshadows Makeup Tip Suggested by Visitors
Try applying an eyeshadow that matches your skin tone. Apply to the lid all the way up to the eyebrow. Then apply a walnut colored eyeliner on the top lid, then smudge. Put on a dark brown mascara. You will look sophisticated, but very natural.